Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pizza.. its hard to come by

Alright, sure you have your Domino's and Pizza Hut and Papa John's down the street. . . let's leave it at that.

After living on the east coast where pizza is touted as one of the staple items (also popular in Chicago too) it is hard to find a great pizza here in Utah. I don't normally write negative things but if this is a review I guess I better be honest!

Recently I took my first visit to The Pie. For those of you that go or have been to the U of U, you know its a staple to the community. I was excited to see what all the buzz was about. I really, really was disappointed. I like to give everyone a fair chance. The tap rootbeer was flat, and I had once slice of my chicken pizza. too much grease. I left feeling like I had wasted my money.


I got to thinking where in the world can a foodie go to get a good slice in this town! I came across a quaint little place in Centerville, which has been there since I was in high school. (yes i am aware that was 10 years ago) It is on the corner of Pages lane and Main Street. Zeponies is by far, from the local places I have been to, the tastiest! I can't believe it took me so long to visit.



When you walk in the place isn't so big, but for me it has THE best decor. Years of the owners collecting record albums. FAN-TAST-IC. I would like to inherit them. If you want to see it, its probably there. Everything from soundtracks to your favorite Styx album.






I ordered the personal Chicken Alfredo with mushrooms. I am not a big fan of red sauce so I try to stay away from it. This pizza was Heaven. I know I use that word to describe food often, but it takes a lot for me to say that. The crust was cooked just perfect, no burned spots, nothing soggy. The flavor was just right, that it left me wanting it again. My brothers ordered the pepperoni pizza, which if you love pepperoni, this is a perfect one for you. If you are feeling extra hungry may I suggest the breadsticks also! They come with either ranch or marinara dipping sauce. This is one of those places when you walk in it just smells great. Nothing too overwhelming and it makes your mouth water.

The staff is awesome and suggested a calzone the next time I come in because "they are the best"



2 comments:

  1. Spencer and I used to go to Zeponie all the time back in the day. They were so slow when they first opened that the delivery guy would usually be sitting in the back corner of the restaurant watching TV. I like to think that we single-handedly kept them in business. Having great pizza certainly didn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess if your looking for good pizza there is a place on 2100 s and 700 e. It is called Este Pizza. Check it out some time.

    ReplyDelete