Friday, October 23, 2009

The Philadelphian.


On 7th East and 9800 southish is a littel hole in the wall called the Philadelphian. Don't be deterred by the dirty floor, or the cook with the tattoos. I love to give holes in the walls the benefit of the doubt because amazing food comes out of them quite often. If you are looking for just a basic philly sandwich this could be your place. I ordered a basic Philadelphian which was suppose to have cheese, onions, and mushrooms. It was lacking the onions and had little cheese. . . The peppers however were very flavorful.



I would like to say the only part of this restaurant that really stuck out for me was their onion rings. I watched the cook hand dip every onion ring in a home made batter. They were definitely worth going back for. Also the price for your sandwich is worth going there for as well.



But the sandwich was lacking, dry, and a true philly still has cheese wiz on it.



If you are looking for quantity this is your place, if you are looking for quality... I may suggest going to 106th and redwood for the Downtown Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment