Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We're not Good because we're old...

We're not good because we're old, We're old because we're good. This is what is written on the back of the shirts at a quaint little place on Main street in Park City called The Eating Establishment. Walking up and down main street and searching for something on an empty stomach is not easy. After reading numerous menu's we decided to stop into this place.


The awning was inviting, kind of like Cheers, and reading through the menu was easy and affordable so we decided to step on in. The Eating Establishment has been featured on Rachel Ray on the Food Network, and it has been around since 1972 and holds the record for oldest continuously operating restaurant in Park City. On the specials board was something called Rancho Benedict (it may be backwards). I decided to try it. Eggs Benedict with bacon, tomatos, mushrooms, and onions. The hollandaise sauce was smooth and light. I also ordered to drink a hot apple cider which came in a little fancy glass. It was also tasty.



There were so many items on the menu to choose from, and I believe that I just had the breakfast and lunch menu. Everything from lox, corn beef, chicken fried steak, and omeletes. The best part about this place for me was the seat by the window.



My friend had french fries which she couldn't put down, and a veggie sandwich. I didn't have a bite, but she finished every last piece.




If you are up that way, whether for a hike in the summer or a ski trip in the winter I suggest stopping in for the fresh fare.

http://www.theeatingestablishment.net/

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. They actually have several locations, I've probably been to half of them:-)

    I didn't know a place similar to Roscoe's existed in Utah. I have to check them out now

    ReplyDelete