Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Crepes, and Waffles oh my!

SORRY TO REPORT THIS LOCATION IS CLOSED!

I'm always on a mission to find comparable restaurants. Burgers for burgers, steak for steak, and waffle for waffle! One of Utah's local radio station programs, The Night Side Project, does a broadcast each Thursday from a local restaurant. They recently visited a store called Cafe Terrace (not terrorist). Located in American Fork just off 5th East next to the Cold Stone Creamery is a cute little place that if you blinked your eye would miss. I know because I've driven by dozens of times and didn't realize this great place was there!

I asked for a background of the idea. The girl told me the owner has a catering company (Utah Celebrations) and decided to add this to their business adventures. I asked why American Fork and she said it was a central point between Salt Lake and Provo. Fair enough.



 The night I was there they had a special that was 3.99 for unlimited crepe bar. Had I known, I would have ordered that. However, looking through their menu of sweet and savory, I decided on a Belgian waffle. it was topped with what looked like a scoop of ice cream (really homemade whip cream), strawberries, and belgian chocolate. I did notice on their website they don't have their waffles on their menu. They are there, and they are delish. I could definitely notice it was quality chocolate, and I loved the consistency of the whip cream.

If sweet isn't your thing, there is a wonderful selection of savory crepes such as the SoCal. This has grilled chicken, avocado, swiss cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, and lemon iaoli. They wrap it in paper and make it easy for eating. Almost like a burrito, but better.

This place has sufficient seating and is cosy for a simple sit down lunch or a date.




Alex and Ethan from KSL Nightside Project


This is the owner and the chef flippin crepes!

1 comment:

  1. I think your real intent is to make me MUCH fatter than I already am. I just got caught up on your posts and now I'm STARVING!

    You always have the best suggestions! Love you!

    ReplyDelete