Thursday, February 26, 2009

Past times of generations and more to come.



I wasn't quite sure what to title this post. Parker's has been around since the beginning of time.. Well way before my beginning of time anyway. It is located on 5th east and state street in American Fork. The actual store is tiny and it's exactly what you would expect for a business that has been a staple in the community since the 70's.



If you are looking for a simple burger and fries, some onion rings, fish and chips or a great shake for a great price.. Parker's Drive-In is it!


I have to be sentimental for a moment. This is a place that my mom went, my aunts and uncles went, and when I was little my grandpa would take my brother and me for an ice cream cone (dipped of course) and then we would drive down to the dock at the lake and just talk. Sometimes memories come with food and vice versa.



I suggest the ranch burger. It is very similar to the big mac, but WAY better. They even have their own special sauce at Parker's Drive-In. My favorite item here is the Marshmallow shake. I am generally a fan of having substance in my shakes (like whole pieces of marshmallows) but this is the only place I love the marshmallow syrup they use.

3 comments:

  1. That's fun. I've only been there a couple of times. I do love it when we can associate a place with our memories. I sometimes think about Kevin, Karen & Adrian. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on this one! Yummy food, fast service and GREAT prices. I am a sucker for this place when I'm in AF. Have you ever tried their tacos? They put the meat in, deep fry it then put in the toppings! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Parkers! You know my mom used to work there when she was in High School. Such good food. I always get their onion rings!

    ReplyDelete