Monday, April 26, 2010

Muy Bueno

I have very few food memories from being little. (under the age of 9) I do remember going with my mom and grandma to a little white building on State Street in Orem called Mi Ranchito. I remember it being festive and colorful and the food was pretty decent.

Fast forward... a few years. It was one of our favorite places to go eat with our grandma, and now the tradition continues. Mi Ranchitos tradition started in 1983. The best part about this restaurant is 17 years later it is still a family owned and run restaurant. The Armenta family came to Utah from Guanajuato, Mexico. The location in Orem doesn't exist anymore (that i know of), but you can stop in on State Street in American Fork or there is also a location on State Street in Sandy.


The colors when you walk in are bright and fun. The chips are some of the best chips and salsa at a restaurant like this. I am a fan of anything burrito so I had the carne asada burrito which is also served with beans and rice. My friend ordered the enchiladas de mole. When the plates come out you almost have to take a deep breath to make room because they are so big. Perhaps if you haven't eaten for a couple days you can eat a whole plate, but they definitely make great leftovers. I think this is a place you can go back to over and over because there is so many flavorful fresh menu items to chose from.

I must add as well, the horchata.. some of the best I have ever tasted!!I believe that the staff needed a little lighter of sense of humor and to pay a little more attention, I know how hard it is to be a waiter but personality will always be key.

1 comment:

  1. There is also one on Main Street in Spanish Fork, just for your information. And the food is so good!

    ReplyDelete