Sunday, August 8, 2010

Heavenly Candy



Welcome back foodies!!

As you all know, I am a true believer in making sure local food business is patronized by both locals and travelers. I am thankful I have a place to talk about these businesses.


This weekend at the Bountiful summerfest I was lucky to run across a business called "A piece of Heaven Candy Company." At first, I thought "wow! 8$ for a half pound pecan log!" Then I ate it!! If you enjoy pecan logs and peanut brittle, then you know that good fresh product is hard to come by. This did not disappoint. The fondant center was flavorful but not overwhelming. The homemade caramel was gooey, and the pecans were not soggy at all! The cashew and peanut brittle was very pleasant because it didn't break your teeth and it tasted homemade.

This company has a fabulous story, and right now they only are at festivals and ship from their home. The recipe came from her grandmother in the 50's. Kris has found her love in candy making and has chosen to donate 10% of their sales to a single parent foundation to help them with simple things such as transportation, house payments, and even christmas for their kids.

I promise you, if you are a fan of pecan logs, it is worth every penny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment