Sunday, August 8, 2010

Salt City Burger Co.

Mmmmm burgers.....


I was sad to see Su Casa go on 5th South in Bountiful, but replacing it is a mouth watering burger joint. Alright, joint doesn't really describe this place. When you walk into the one in Bountiful you are surrounded by beautiful wood decorating the walls and bar. On a side note, for anyone that has been to Lagoon, I'll be honest, it reminds me of the ice cream place that is in pioneer village!

A good friend of mine was super spontaneous and invited me out this time! There is also another location in Sandy on appx 91st south and 13th east. I had put in on my list of places to visit.


I am partial to mom and pop burger joints, the ones that have been around since before anyone else can remember. This one is pretty close behind them. Started in 1960's on 33rd south as Fred's Burger Chalet. Sounds like my kind of place!!


I ordered a southwest burger. This was a 1/3lb burger topped with a slab of cream cheese (yes, you read that correctly), two ginourmous roasted green chilis, pepperjack cheese, and I added avocado! The menu says that this is a symphony of flavors, it was definitely music in my mouth.
I am a sucker for sweet potato fries and I am always on a mission to find the best. I hate to say it, but these are in second place, only next to Purple Turtle in
Pleasant Grove. They are fresh cut and you get a huge basket.
The onion rings are also stunning. They don't fall apart as you bite them and you can taste that they are hand dipped. A unique part of SCBC is the condiment bar they have in the middle of the restaurant. Pretty much every sauce you can think of from west coast to east coast, and of course the staples like: onions, pickles, mayo, jalepenos, etc. I think there was only a couple of things I was disappointed with the first was the bun, but perhaps it was just an off day, and second was the service. I don't think I have been in a restaurant in a long time where everyone looks so miserable to be at work. Again, perhaps it was just an off day??
pastrami and swiss sandwich


I also liked they have fresca on tap! I didn't try one of their shakes or malts, that will have to be for another trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment