Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hey Girl!!

Dear sweet, sweet, dough girl-
The taste of your cookies still lingers on my taste buds as I stare at my last cookie, debating whether I should save it or just dig in.


Love Jessica.




As I find myself reviewing past entries, I noticed I like simplicity. Well, People, don't walk, please run to 300 W and 700 S area. There you will find a little shop by the name of My Dough Girl. Now ask yourself: Who's your dough girl?


Is it Lilly who is so silly!? (a lemon sugar cookie with lemonheads and lemon glaze)


Could it be Judy as she melts in your mouth?? (velvety orange dough topped with buttery cream cheese frosting)


Or does Penelope tempt you because she is dipped in chocolate? (truffle like peanut butter cookie dipped half in chocolate)


Or my personal favorite an Audrey (almond dough full of adoration, almonds, cranberries, and white chocolate)






The super friendly and super cute owner has put a special touch on each of these cookies. One of the best parts of this store, besides the pin up girl ambiance, is that you can take frozen dough home and cook it yourself! (maybe that's so you're not tempted to eat them ALL on the way home)



I am lucky enough to be writing this during the month of February where she featured a beautiful cookie called "Scarlett" Its moist and dense red velvet with a buttery cream cheese frosting. (not to mention I made it in when they were in the oven and took them home fresh!) I am sorry to say folks, but next month will be a different flavor. I have no doubt it will be just as good.

I tell you what, you are definitely paying for quality when you walk in this shop!



I can't wait to go back, but for now my Scarlett is calling my name.




No comments:

Post a Comment