Monday, March 29, 2010

Car Hoppin back in the day

Many of you are familiar that I have a love for finding the mom and pop burger joints. I've visited Millies, Purple Turtle, Parkers, Paces, Emmett and Ethels... On about 61st south and 1300 East is another place I would visit again in a heart beat. And, if you blink you miss it as you drive by.
When you pull in, you have the option of either going inside or they have a car hop station (yes think modern day Sonic style). The decor inside is circa James Dean. They have a juke box, but the only thing I would change is make sure some type of music was playing all the time. The space is awfully small so everyone can hear everyones conversation.



What is unique about this one? The prices and oh- you cannot forget the burger that is 11 dollars! Yes, you read that correctly. 11 dollars! It is 2lbs of fresh cooked beef with the fixins and some fry sauce. I didn't try this. cause well, it's as big as my head.

I went for a melt in your mouth garlic burger and some hand dipped onion rings. I was more than impressed with the quality of the food. For two of these burgers and two orders of onion rings my friend and I spent less than 10 dollars. Wowza!!

This is a great place if you want something quick, something tasty, and something that will leave a great after taste. For sure a little stop you would want to make on your lunch break or on the way home.


Ps. Sorry there are no images of the food, we ate it too fast!!




No comments:

Post a Comment