Monday, March 29, 2010

Cute as a Cupcake

I have to admit, it's hard to follow up the sweet entry I did for My Dough Girl.




If you wander down the road, there is a little place called Mini's Cupcakes across from Sears. I am a true believer of finding places that are "Utah's Own" That doesn't just mean it's local to Utah. I also look for the places that utilize Utah's products. The dairy, the flour from Lehi Roller Mills, etc. Mini's is definitely one of them, and you can definitely taste it in their products.

If you are a girly girl (which, I am not) this place would be your sanctuary. When you walk in the walls are white and pink. There is pink decor, vintage gifts, bride magazines on the tables, pictures of Audrey Hepburn, and of course those tasty little mini's.

Why a mini? After researching on their website it is to make sure it is the "right size," unlike the typical American cupcakes we are use to. Yes, they are a little pricey, but when you are dealing with fresh ingredients and time sensitive products you must pay for quality and please, never think differently.

At 2.50 a piece there are definitely plenty to choose from. I picked the s'more please one for me, the tiramisu for my mother, and the chocoholic for my friend. I'm almost positive it would be worth trying each one because just the presentation is lovely.








Next door is a fun little room that can hold parties. You can also have breakfast and lunch at Mini's.

For those of you that are not close to downtown, there is also one located in Sugarhouse.







No comments:

Post a Comment